Sunday, April 15, 2012

FIESEL'S CONTRACT EXTENDED IN MELVILLE

Press Release

The Melville Millionaires ended weeks of speculation on Thursday when they gave Head Coach & General Manager Jamie Fiesel a two-year contract extension.

''Through some adversity, Jamie put an exciting team on the ice this year, and with the group of eligible returnees, promises more exciting years,” said Millionaires' President Dawn Melnychuk in a statement.

Fiesel says it's been an emotional few weeks and months before the deal got done.

''I don't think I reacted well to the rumours, and I think I'll be better for going through this. Usually coffee row and the rumour mill get it right, but not this time. My whole staff is coming back with me, we're one team again, we've got a good team coming back, and my work for next season starts now.''

''Both sides took due dilligence and came to this decision. My heart's always been in Melville and this is where I need to be. And maybe these next two years will be when we can put that big banner up in our rink that we're still missing.''

Fiesel came to the Millionaires midway through the 2003-2004 season, and will be entering his 9th full season behind the bench.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: