Sunday, February 27, 2011

VIDAL PICKS HOLY CROSS

Press Release

Kingston, MA- Bay State Breakers forward and team Captain Matt Vidal has committed to Holy Cross for the fall of 2012. Holy Cross competes in the NCAA Division I Atlantic Hockey League.

Matt is a 5’9”, 165-pound right-shot forward who can play both right wing and center. Matt leads the Breakers in points with 48 points (14 goals and 34 assists) in 43 games.

“It has always been my dream to play Division I college hockey at a school with a great athletic and academic reputation. I am excited that coach Pearl has offered me the opportunity to be a part of the Holy Cross hockey program,” stated Vidal.

“Matt has been a great leader and Captain for our team. What makes Matt such a special player is his consistency and his compete level. With how hard he works on and off the ice he brings the competitive level of other players up. We are excited for Matt and even more excited to have him back next year,” stated Head Coach McCauley.

“I could not have achieved my dream without the help of Coach McCauley and the guidance he has given me the last two years. He is certainly a player’s coach who has gone out of his way to help me become a better player and person. I would recommend this organization to any aspiring junior hockey player looking to take their game to the next level,” added Vidal.

Matt is the son of Carlos and Nancy Vidal from Manorville, New York.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: